Modern roof terrace & loft extension in Wimbledon
We were appointed to produced a number of visualisations for our client for a property which our interior designer re-designed and presented to the client for approval. The crown roof was converted into a habitable space whilst working with 1,600 sqft. The team created planning application drawings to visualise different types of spaces for the client. It was important to have a broadened mind, this would mean the differentiated ideas would result in one best solution. A roof light was created in the middle of the space to integrate the indoor space with the outdoor space which added versatility to the design excluding the separation of spaces but combing the spaces in private areas whilst deriving allot of light in into the property simultaneously. The choose of colour maximised the visualisation of an outdoor space and blending a garden feel with an indoor feel which again fully maximised the integrity of the design.
Our client had a large detached house, who required additional floor space in increase property’s value for sale. A design was drawn for the existing floor to include inward facing dormers, roof terrace and the 1st floor ceiling level lowered by 300mm for additional head height. Plans were then submitted for planning consent and building control approval.
The full scope of work for the project included:
- 4 additional rooms created with roof terrace
- Use of fixed roof skylights to flat roof of dormer and velux windows to sloped roof.
- Modern and well thought out internal layout plans
- 2 options created for the client to choose from
- Bi-folding doors to both large bedrooms for additional light and modern feel
- Design and planning of loft conversion does not affect external appearance for the building