Frequently Asked Questions
Planning Application FAQs
Retrospective Planning Permission FAQs
Some people build first then apply later; others are unaware that they needed planning permission until the officer knocks at their door. We can help you apply for retrospective permissions where needed.
About Permitted Development FAQs
Use Classes FAQs
The various use classes for buildings, and changing to another proposed use class.
The Planning Application Process, and a Case Study
There are various routes and options which your planning application could take. In brief, an application is submitted; then validated, declared invalid (missing documents) or an inappropriate application type; then approved, approved subject to amendments, or refused.
- I’m demolishing my house, do I need Planning permission?
- I’m building an outbuilding or annex or Shed, do I need Planning permission?
- I want to excavate/dig to create a basement level, do I need Planning permission?
- My house is in a conservation Area, What are the differences to a normal planning application?
- My house is a listed building, What are the differences to a normal planning application?
- I want to put in an application for a roof terrace, what are my chances of getting approval?
Our Services FAQs
Our Process FAQs
Building Regulations FAQs
Interior Design FAQs
Change of use FAQs